Azerbaijan is a destination worth exploring for every Indian who love to learn about the ancient history and how it is related to the modern culture. As it is ranked 39th among 148 countries for tourism competitiveness indicators, according to the Centre of Economic and Social Development of Azerbaijan, this place has a lot for you.
If you are still wondering, Azerbaijan is the point where East meets West, where hospitality is an art form, and where each corner holds a story untold. In this blog we will be planning you next trip to Azerbaijan.
Visa Process and Expenses
Azerbaijan welcomes Indian travellers through a streamlined e-Visa system, a hassle-free gateway to exploring the country here’s a step-by-step guide on navigating the e-Visa application process:
- Fill Out the Online Application Form:
- Provide necessary information and documents in the Azerbaijan eVisa application form.
- Online Payment:
- Pay the visa fee securely online using a valid payment method.
- Submission and Processing:
- Submit the application and patiently await the swift processing of your visa.
Benefits of the e-Visa System
The Azerbaijan e-Visa system offers a plethora of advantages tailored for Indian travelers:
- Convenient and Time-saving:
- Complete the entire visa application process online, eliminating the need to visit an embassy.
- Faster Processing:
- Typically processed within a few business days, allowing efficient trip planning.
- Wide Accessibility:
- Open to eligible travelers worldwide, including our fellow Indian citizens.
Detailed Information on e-Visa Types for Indian Travelers
Indian travelers can apply for a single-entry 90-day e-Visa, the sole type offered by the Azerbaijani government. This versatile e-Visa caters to various purposes, allowing you to choose from options like tourism, business, science, education, and more.
Necessary Documents for Visa Application
Before embarking on the e-Visa journey, ensure you have the following documents:
- Valid Passport:
- Minimum validity of six months from your entry date into Azerbaijan.
- Passport Copy:
- Clear, color-scanned copy of the passport bio page.
- Email Address:
- Valid email for communication and to receive your e-Visa.
- Payment Method:
- A valid means to pay the visa fee online (credit/debit cards).
A Walkthrough of the Application Process for Indian Travelers
Embark on the e-Visa application adventure:
- Visit the official Azerbaijan e-Visa portal.
- Select “Apply” or “Get Started.”
- Input personal details, travel dates, and passport information.
- Upload necessary documents, like your passport scan.
- Pay the visa fee securely using a credit or debit card.
- Review and submit your application.
- Wait a few business days for your e-Visa’s approval.
- Once approved, receive your e-Visa via email and print a copy for your travels.
Processing Time for Indian Travelers
Choose a processing time that suits your plans:
- Standard Processing:
- Typically, 3 to 5 working days.
- Rush Processing:
- Expedited option, completed in 1 to 3 working days.
- Super Rush Processing:
- Fastest option, generally within 3-6 hours.
Cost and Payment Details
The e-Visa cost for Indian travelers varies based on processing time. Check the Azerbaijan Electronic Visa Website for up-to-date information and utilize accepted forms of payment, including credit/debit cards or specified online payment systems.
Validity and Stay Duration
Here are key details about the e-Visa for Indian travelers:
- 90 days; enter Azerbaijan within this period.
- Duration of Stay:
- Maximum 30 days per entry.
- Single Entry:
- Your e-Visa allows for a single entry, so plan your trip accordingly.
- Issued based on the purpose of travel, ensuring alignment with your stated activities.
After Receiving Your Visa
After securing your e-Visa, follow these steps:
- Print a copy for your travel documents.
- Verify all information for accuracy.
- Familiarize yourself with Azerbaijan’s entry requirements and regulations.
- Adhere to any additional instructions from the e-Visa portal or relevant authorities.
Entry Criteria for Indian Travelers
Ensure a smooth entry into Azerbaijan by meeting these criteria:
- Valid Passport (min. six months’ validity).
- Obtain the e-Visa before the trip.
- Specify the purpose of the visit (tourism, business, etc.).
- Adhere to the intended duration of stay.
- Provide proof of sufficient funds.
- Respect and comply with Azerbaijan’s laws and regulations, including local customs and traditions.
Flight Booking and Routes
When it comes to taking of from the Indian to Azerbaijan, you have five flight routes for your seamless journey.
Ahmedabad (AMD) to Baku Heydar Aliyev (GYD)
This route will take 7 hours and 34 minutes time to reach your destination with ticket prices ranging from Rs 21,723 to Rs 48,866 offering you a prefect balance of convenience and comfort.
Mumbai (BOM) to Baku Heydar Aliyev (GYD)
Way from Mumbai to Baku takes 7 hours and 35 minutes with a fare as low as Rs 13,393 to Rs 41,477. This option lets you experience Azerbaijan without breaking the bank.
Jaipur (JAI) to Baku Heydar Aliyev (GYD)
When travelling from Jaipur to Baku it will take 7 hour 59 minutes with a fare of Rs 13,696 to Rs 19,833. Dive into a cultural journey, seamlessly connecting the Pink City to Azerbaijan.
Lucknow (LKO) to Baku Heydar Aliyev (GYD4
From Lucknow to Baku your flight will take 7 hours 17 minutes with fare price if Rs 14,680 to Rs 34,815 promising a voyage that blends historical charm with modern delights.
Delhi (DEL) to Baku Heydar Aliyev (GYD)
For those travelling from Delhi, you need 7 hour and 17 minutes to reach Baku, the Capital of Azerbaijan with fare ranging between Rs 15,414 to Rs 22,520. This route ensures you with a journey from the bustling streets of Delhi to enchanting land of Azerbaijan swiftly.
Best Time to Book Flights
Once you have decided the route for your travel, its time to book the ticket. Here are the highs and lows of flight booking seasons:
Low Season: October
October is your ticket to a more peaceful Azerbaijan. It’s the low season, meaning fewer crowds and a chance to enjoy the beauty without the hustle. Prices go up by around 3%, but the serenity is worth every bit.
High Season: April
April is buzzing with life and events in Azerbaijan, making it the high season. It’s popular, but prices spike by 21%. If you’re up for the lively vibe, April is your month. Just plan ahead to make the most of it.
- Check out the months just before or after the high season for better deals and still great weather.
- Keep checking the ads. Flexibility with your travel dates can be your secret weapon.
- Set up alerts for price drops on travel websites. A little patience and alertness can go a long way in saving you some bucks.
When it comes to finding a place to stay in Azerbaijan, being savvy about your options can make your trip a breeze without burning a hole in your pocket. Here’s a quick guide to help you make the most of your stay:
- Azerbaijan, especially Baku, tends to be a bit pricier compared to its neighbors so head inland to places like Sheki, where accommodation costs are more forgiving.
- Hotels can get pricey, and they fill up fast during peak seasons.
- Renting an apartment could be a smart move, especially for group travelers looking to share expenses.
- To save some bucks, consider limiting your stay in Baku to 2-3 days before heading towards more budget-friendly spots.
- Hostels are great option when it comes to budget-friendly stays. Even though Azerbaijan leans on the expensive side, hostels are usually your go-to for wallet-friendly options, offering shared dorms starting at Rs 1600 per night.
Itinerary for 4-5 Days in Azerbaijan
Day 1: Exploring Baku
If you landed and are staying in Baku begin your journey by immersing yourself in the captivating blend of history and modernity that is Baku. Wander through historical sites and modern marvels, absorbing the rich narrative of Azerbaijan. Delight your taste buds with local cuisine, savoring the diverse flavors that define the heart of Baku.
Day 2: Gabala – Nature’s Paradise
Make you Day two nature filled at the natural haven of Gabala. Marvel at the breathtaking landscapes and engage in outdoor activities that connect you with the raw beauty of Azerbaijan. Immerse yourself in local experiences, gaining a deeper understanding of the culture that thrives in Gabala.
Day 3: Sheki – Cultural Retreat
At Sheki, every street echoes with tales of historical architecture and artistic expression. Explore the rich cultural tapestry as you wander through the city. Indulge in traditional foods and traverse bustling markets to truly embrace the cultural retreat Sheki offers.
Day 4: Gobustan National Park and Mud Volcanoes
How can you now visit a National Park in your trip. Uncover the mysteries etched in stone at Gobustan National Park, where ancient rock carvings tell stories of a bygone era. Venture into the surreal landscape of mud volcanoes, a unique natural phenomenon that adds a touch of wonder to your journey.
Day 5: Ateshgah Fire Temple
Temples are the must visit place for Indians. Conclude your adventure at the Ateshgah Fire Temple in Surakhani. This historic site blends Hindu and Zoroastrian influences, featuring eternal natural gas fires. Witness centuries-old flames and ponder the cultural confluence that defines Azerbaijan. It’s a fitting end to an insightful journey.
So, here we conclude our journey through the vibrant landscapes and rich culture of Azerbaijan. With an estimated expense of approximately 150,000 INR for the entire trip, including flights, accommodation, and daily expenses, Azerbaijan offers an incredible experience that’s both enriching and budget-friendly.
From the bustling streets of Baku to the serene landscapes of Gabala and the cultural retreat in Sheki, each day promises a new chapter of discovery. Gobustan National Park and the mud volcanoes add a touch of history and natural wonders to the itinerary, while the Ateshgah Fire Temple in Surakhani brings ancient mystique to a close. Remember, navigating cultural nuances, respecting local customs, and embracing the warmth of Azerbaijani hospitality enhance the overall experience. Whether you’re strolling through historical sites or savoring local delicacies, every moment contributes to an unforgettable journey.
Looking for Azerbaijan visa? Consider to connect with us